Position: Project Manager (Part Time)
Hyperobjekt is a digital agency specializing in design, web development and data visualization for academic and nonprofit public interest projects. We have collaborated with Pulitzer Prize-winning authors, transformational organizations, and preeminent researchers at institutions such as Stanford, Harvard, and Princeton to develop projects ranging from small-scale websites to interactive visualizations of nation-spanning datasets. Our projects have been featured in the NYT, Washington Post, White House/CDC communications, and many more outlets.
About the Role:
We are seeking a software project manager to oversee the day-to-day project activities, including management of the internal team and client communication. The project manager will be responsible for the management and delivery of data visualization website design and development projects, and should have experience managing interactive projects from discovery and design to technical development and implementation.
Besides experience in Agile project management for software applications, another desirable attribute in candidates is an interest in working on public interest- and racial/social equity-focused projects, along with understanding of related issues. We are a remote-working team of experienced professionals who set high standards and encourage open (constructive) critique of projects and each others' work, and we love to direct our energies toward serving the public interest and understanding of important research. Let us know if you think you’d be a good fit.
This is a part time (20-30 hours per week), remote position. Our team is primarily centered in NYC, but also distributed across the US and Canada.
- Prior experience in software project Management at an agency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with development of project plans and budget management
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and driven
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support cross-functional project teams
- Candidates located in the PST through EST timezones preferred.
- Manage projects throughout the full project lifecycle, while ensuring the projects are delivered on time with a quality that meets or exceeds client expectations
- Serve as the centralized communications point and ensure that all team members receive timely and appropriate project information
- Manage schedules, budgets, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon.
- Develop project timelines and manage the schedule throughout the life of the project
- Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Be the point of contact for clients, attend client meetings, and handle issues and escalations as needed
- Work closely with CEO to ensure staffing needs are aligned and/or flagged for future projects