Position: Freelance UI Designer (Part Time)
Hyperobjekt is a digital agency specializing in design, web development and data visualization for academic and nonprofit public interest projects. We have collaborated with Pulitzer Prize-winning authors, transformational organizations, and preeminent researchers at institutions such as Stanford, UCLA, and Princeton to develop projects ranging from small-scale websites to interactive visualizations of nation-spanning datasets. Our projects have been featured in the NYT, Washington Post, White House/CDC communications, and many more outlets.
About the Role:
We are seeking a freelance designer to take on smaller web/graphic design tasks in our growing workflow for starters, with the option to later take on a larger role working on more advanced user interface design projects.
We are a remote-working team of experienced professionals who set high standards and encourage open (constructive) critique of projects and each others' work, and we love to direct our energies toward social good and public understanding of important research.
This is a part time (roughly 20 hours per week), remote position. Our team is primarily centered in NYC, but also distributed across the US and Canada. Let us know if you think you’d be a good fit.
- Experience designing responsive websites and user interfaces across varying screen sizes
- Experience working collaboratively in Figma: using a component- and variant-based worflow, and conscientiously organizing files and layers in logical structures for use by others on our team
- Experience in delivering flexible design systems (encompassing style guides, component states, and other elements)
- An approach to data visualization that is both creative and demonstrates understanding of best practices
- Strong grounding in UX and accessibility best practices
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional project teams including developers, project managers, Creative Director and other designers
- Collaborate with project owners to iterate through early website/application directions with the aim of realizing clients' vision
- Design wireframes, mockups, and design systems for implementation by developers
- Create social media, email, and other templates and assets, as well as report designs